>It’s only the start of the season and already the players are taped up and seem to be struggling to maintain their fitness. Simply put, the WTA and ATP require them to play too much, particularly the men.
- Rafa Nadal retired from his match against Andy Murray with reoccurring knee pain.
- Serena Williams has her thigh and calf strapped heavily.
- Andy Roddick had numbness and pins and needles in his arm.
- Maria Kirilenko had hip problems and K-tape all over her hamstrings.
- Novak Djokovic is wearing K-tape on his hamstrings.
- Justine Henin is wearing K-tape on her adductors for a mild tear.
- Na Li is covered in K-tape
- Nico Almalgro played with a broken wrist.
- Jie Zheng wore an ankle brace.
- Juan Martin del Potro had his elbow strapped.
- Lleyton Hewitt knee was heavily K-taped
- Dinara Safina pulled out with a reoccurring back injury
- Marcos Baghdatis retired with bicep tendinitis.
- Mikhail Youzhny retired with a wrist injury.
- Juan Carlos Ferrero arrived in Melbourne after and ankle injury in New Zealand.
- Gilles Simon couldn’t even play round 1 at the AO because of his knees.
- Robin Soderling complained of elbow problems at Kooyong leading into the Open.
- Gael Monfils had shoulder issues.
…. And they’re just the ones I can think of off the top of my head!