- Peter Luczak has defeated Tsung-Hua Yang 6-3, 6-3 in the first dead rubber of Australia’s meet with Chinese Taipei. The win puts the Australian’s up 4-0. Lleyton Hewitt has also told John Fitzgerald that his rehab is coming along better than expected and that he hopes to make himself available for the next tie in May, presumably against Japan.
- The Czech Republic have also dominated proceedings defeating Belgium 3-0 by pairing Radek Stepanek and Tomas Berdych against Olivier Rochus and Steve Darcis.
- Doubles experts Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have kept India alive in their meet with Russia by winning the doubles against Igor Kunitsyn and Teimuraz Gabashvili
- Japan has defeated the Philippines 3-0 as have Kazakhstan against Korea.
- The People’s Republic of China are leading 2-1 against Uzbehistan.